Thursday, 18 June 2015

Last minute fathers day plans and a cute little bookmark

Every year I leave fathers day to the last minute, in fact 2 years ago I was here writing almost the very same words! I'm not yet sure what we're going to do for fathers day, but all day I have been scouring Pinterest in the hope that I might be struck with inspiration.

A few years ago I asked Millie some questions all about Daddy, which was really fun, I was too overwhelmed by the newborn stage last year to remember to do it, so this year, (particularly as the girls have destroyed it) I think I'll upgrade it adding some answers from Callie too. These are so much fun to do and a great way to document how your child feels about their dad year after year. I'm also really excited about doing it this year as I have a laminater so can make one that will stand the test of 3 toddlers!

If you wanted to try making a book mark like we did (and are going to upgrade), I asked Millie to finish off the following sentences, you can make up your own or use ours.

- My daddy is funny because...
- My daddy thinks I'm funny because...
- My daddy is {how old?}
- My daddy's favourite thing to do is...
- My daddy's favourite colour is...
- When my daddy goes to work her does ...
- My Daddy's favourite food is ...
- My daddy loves me because ...
- My daddy always talks about...
- I love my daddy because...

I also really love these matching father and son t-shirt's from Mothercare, I just know that Adam would just love to dress the same as his son, just maybe not in public! And I'm loving this Sharpie scribble mug from the 'I heart arts and craft' blog, I love the idea of all the kids having a go at creating some art work they can all be proud of together that's also very practical.

My fall back has also been a few bottles of root beer and a decent pick a mix, it's Adams favourite and always puts a smile on his face. Although now I've written this post, and no doubt he'll have read it,  I'm going to have to come up with some new ideas!



Until next time, connect with me on | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Youtube

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...